Saturday, October 14, 2006

Spoiling the environment?

I know this has nothing to do with the ESF, but I noticed this article in the SCMP today (Principals disappointed over housing site):

Principals are disappointed that a public housing estate is being built a stone's throw from a new schools complex, creating construction noise and spoiling the environment.

A four-block estate is being built in Shek Mun, adjacent to newly-opened Baptist University Affiliated Wong Kam Fai Secondary and Primary School, and International Christian School's new campus, due to open next September. Both are fee-paying.

Lilian Chan Lui Ling-yee, head of Baptist's direct subsidy scheme school, said she was disappointed public housing was being built so close to the primary school. "Public housing doesn't match the schools being built here," she said

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the these two schools got the land from the government without having to pay.

No comments: